If you were having troubles with your temporomandibular joint, which is the hinge that connects your jaw to your skull, you could be suffering from a TMJ disorder, and we recommend coming into Turlock Dental Care as soon as you can so Dr. Robert A. McCulla can relieve your pain and restore your health.
This is a very inconvenient health disorder that causes problems when you open your mouth, chew, yawn, and speak. There are a few things that could cause this condition, which include:
- Grinding or clenching your teeth
- Having arthritis in the joint
- Experiencing stress that causes your jaw muscles to tighten
- The movement of the disc that sits between the bone and socket of your joint
These are all very common things that can result in this disorder, and we are happy to help you have the best oral health possible by providing treatment for this condition. If you have the following symptoms, we suggest seeing your dentist as soon as you can:
- Pain in the neck, shoulders, face, and jaw joint
- Problems widely opening your mouth
- Experiencing stuck or locked jaw
- Experiencing clicking, popping, or grating sounds when you open your mouth
- Having an uncomfortable bite
- Ringing in the ears
- Neck aches
When you come into our office, we will happily help you with our many treatments. The first treatment that we offer is prescribed medication that will help your pain go away. The second treatment we provide is a splint or a nightguard that will help you protect your teeth when you sleep. The third treatment we provide is dental work.
If you are interested in learning more about TMJ treatment in Turlock, California, please feel free to give us a call.