Have you ever needed a tooth restored, but didn’t want to be stuck with the unnatural look of dental amalgam? The metallic shine is enough to put off many people from amalgam fillings. Luckily, the times have changed. Thanks to modern technology and the skilled craftsmanship of our dentists, a resin-based composite filling can now be used. Here are some the advantages of composites when compared to amalgams:
– Color: Composites can be customized to match the natural color of your teeth.
– Size: Composites can be used on extremely small cavities, which were previously too difficult to effectively fill with amalgams.
– Functionality: Composites can be repaired many times over without removing the original filling.
– Durability: Composites can last nearly a decade.
– Safety: Unlike amalgams, composites do not contain mercury.
– Stronger: Composites can stand up to stronger forces that can cause tooth fracture.
– Leak-free: Composites can seal the margins between the tooth and gums much better than amalgams can.
Composites can provide you with the discreetness and happiness you have been seeking for years. If you would like to know more about composite fillings, please make an appointment with Dr. Robert A. McCulla by contacting our wonderful staff at Turlock Dental Care via phone at 209-667-7889. You can also stop by our office in Turlock, California. We want your smile to last forever!