This holiday season, it is important to continue practicing safe and effective oral health care habits. If your teeth are damaged, they will not be able to serve you effectively for future holiday seasons to come. The more you do to protect them, the much safer they will be.
Your friendly neighborhood dentists at Turlock Dental Care want to keep your teeth shining as bright as we can.. Here are some healthy habits to protect your oral health for the holidays:
– Do not indulge in-between-meal snacks. The longer sugar and other harmful materials are in contact with your teeth, the greater risk of damage.
– Visit your dentist at Turlock Dental Care for an oral examination and your regularly scheduled professional cleanings.
– Eat healthy.
– Be sure to brush twice daily and floss once daily with either dental floss or a suitable dental tool approved by your dentist.
– Cook more healthy foods this year, and fewer desserts, cookies, and pies.
– Avoid hard candies like candy canes and peanut brittle. They can easily chip or crack your teeth. Avoid chewy candy like caramels or gummies. Sticky candies can easily stick to your teeth and gums and can be hard to remove even when brushing. As an alternative snack, try sugarless gum to hold your appetite over between meals.
You don’t have to fight the battle against bad hygiene alone this year. Our expert team at Turlock Dental Care is here to craft you the best personalized plan for all your dental needs. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Robert A. McCulla, call us at 209-667-7889, or drop by our office in Turlock, California. We look forward to helping you soon!